Agile Planning Cards can be used for your Agile estimation and planning needs. With amazing color and design, these cards make it easy to estimate and have fun doing so. The goal is to spark conversation among team members about user stories and reach consensus on sizing. For more information on Agile Estimation, go to our article Agile Estimation and Different Estimation Strategies.
Each deck has 6 sets for up to 6 Team Members to estimate. The Fibonacci sequence in each set is: 0, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, ∞, ?, and coffee cup.
The cards are printed on high-quality card stock and include a box for additional durability and protection.
- Each Team Member holds a set of Agile planning cards.
- The Product Owner describes one user story and its features.
- Team Members discuss and ask questions as needed.
- Each Team Member privately selects one card that represents his or her estimate.
- Selected cards are revealed at the same time.
- If there is consensus, this is the estimate.
- If not, repeat steps 3-5 until consensus has been reached.
- Repeat for all stories.
If your team is just starting out and wants to practice, try these Agile Estimation Exercises for Your Team.